GATEWAYBANK OF FLORIDA
Position: Senior Accountant
To Send Resume:
This position reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for maintaining and executing the Bank’s accounting procedures and initiatives. Implements treasury, accounting, budget, tax and audit activities for the bank and holding company. Performs financial and accounting system controls and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for use by management and the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including but not limited to the following:
- Posting journal entries to the general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, taxes and depreciation.
- Performing periodic reconcilements of general ledger accounts.
- Performing internal and external financial reports.
- Monitoring the administration of accounts payable and vendor payments.
- Monitoring daily financial reports.
- Implement internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration and accounting. Monitor internal controls, accordingly.
- Assist CFO with preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, and annual budgets for Board of Directors and Senior Management review, including all reports for the monthly Board report packages.
- Assist in ALCO, Audit and IT Committee meetings as needed.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly call reports for regulatory reporting.
- Perform bond reconciliations.
- Assist with tangible, income and state taxes.
- Assist with the funding, liquidity, and asset management function of the bank.
- Assist with auditors and regulators and act as liaison between the bank and auditors/regulators, as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Review company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements, as well as comply with all state and federal laws and regulations.
No direct supervisory requirements, however, position will assist with the coordination of accounting functions within the organization.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Position will be expected to travel approximately 5% of time to attend training and educational classes that may last in periods of up to one week. Individual may also be requested for overnight/extended travel to assist with accounting needs in other bank markets, such as Ocala or Sarasota, FL.
- Position may perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Dedication – the individual should be committed to achieving results under demanding time frames.
- Analytical – the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Solution Oriented – Individual listens effectively to the needs of others, analyzes the situation and provides solution analysis.
- Self-Directed – the individual is well organized, self-directed and able to work independently and have the ability to adjust quickly to changes in work direction, if need be.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management – the individual is able to manage projects by assessing project needs, identifying, developing and monitoring timelines and critical path decisions, communicating critical needs to others and directing others effectively to complete project timely.
- Oral Communications – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and may conduct meetings. Able to communicate to all levels of the organization effectively.
- Reading/Writing – the individual understands written information in work related documents and is able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Mathematics – the individual understands time value of money calculations and percentages and is able to communicate this information verbally with ease.
- Quality Management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum four years accounting experience required.
- Two years minimum experience in banking or bank auditing required.
- FISERV core processing experience preferred.
- BSA knowledge and insight preferred.
- Knowledgeable of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data required.
- Technologically proficient in Word, Excel, internet and the use of accounting software tools required.
Accountabilities and Measures
- Financial Reporting
- Regulatory Compliance
- Project Management
- Completion of tasks timely and accurately.