GATEWAYBANK OF FLORIDA
Position: Part-time Teller
To Send Resume:
Perform a variety of paying and receiving functions for the deposit and loan clients. Strive to retain present clients and develop new business by extending high quality and efficient service. Be alert to the needs of the customers to suggest additional services and products.
Work Schedule: Total of 27 +/- hours per week, Monday through Friday. Monday and Friday will include alternative opening or closing schedule. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday schedule will start approximately 10:45am to end 3:00pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent GatewayBank personably, efficiently, and tactfully while in contact with the public either face-to-face or by telephone. Smile, call the customers by name and thank them as they leave.
- Continually safeguard bank’s cash and the security of the working environment while processing deposits and withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, loan payments and other transactions (i.e. Travelers Checks, Official Checks, Money Orders, and issuance request for Savings Bonds) in accordance with bank policy.
- Balance the teller window daily and within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Assist in the development of a new business for the bank. Is alert to expressed customers’ needs to suggest appropriate services. Make unsolicited suggestions to customers for new or existing services. Direct customers to appropriate person to open any new accounts. May provide appropriate literature for services follow-up on referrals, if appropriate, and document referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the Bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC/CIP policy.
- Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This includes identifying customers properly, initiating CTRs and SARs investigations as needed, utilizing OFAC records and maintaining appropriate records.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months of cash handling in a customer service/retail environment
- Previous banking experience as a teller or in a related department
- Basic computer skills
- Has met sales goals in a retail or banking environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer base